Combining multiple PDF files into one file is simple and can increase your productivity. For example, you do not want to burden your accounting department with half a dozen PDF files when you can provide one single document.
Or, you may have printed out dozens of parts of a report to separate PDF from Word, Excel, and a photo editor, but how do you manage them all into one file?
These questions are even more important for remote workers, students, researchers, and professionals because PDFs are often used as a substitute for physical documents. They need to be organized and managed.
So how to merge multiple PDF files into one comprehensive document effortlessly?
Considering this, we have crafted this ultimate guide to help you merge numerous PDF files into one unified document. Let’s dive into it!
3 Methods to merge files into one
These are the three methods to combine PDF files:
1. Using Windows
In order to merge multiple PDF files into one on Windows, you need to download a PDF merger app first. The app allows you to combine PDF files from the Microsoft Store. Follow these steps to download the PDF merging app on Windows:
- Tap the “Windows Start Menu.”
- Now is the time to hit the “Microsoft Store” icon.
- After that, tap “Search.” This option is present in the upper right corner.
- Now, type “PDF Merger & Splitter” in the search bar.
- Finally, press the “PDF Merger & Splitter.”
- Select “Get.” That’s it!
After downloading and installing the app, you need to open it and follow these steps:
- Press the “Merge PDF” button. It is the first purple button is present in the middle of the page.
- Click on the “Add PDFs.”
- Use File Explorer to find the folder where you want to merge the PDFs. Double-click on the folder where the PDFs are.
- To open multiple files at once, hold down the Ctrl key and click on the files you would like to open. In the bottom-right corner, click Open.
- Finally, tap the “Merge PDFs” option and type a name from the combined document.
- Press the “Save” option to save your PDFs as a merged file.
2. Using Mac
Open Finder. It is a blue and white smiley-faced icon that appears in your Mac’s Dock. The Dock is located at the bottom of your screen. The Finder can be used to navigate through folders and files on your Maac.
On the left side of your Finder window, click on the folder where your PDF files are stored.
Unlike Windows, Mac has a built-in application that allows you to merge PDFs. Use the Preview app to open PDFs in Preview.
Open a PDF in Preview by:
- Right-clicking a PDF file
- Hover over the “Open With…”
- Press the “Preview” button.
- It’s time to click on the “View.” It is in the top-left corner of your Mac’s screen. A menu drop-down appears.
- Press the “Thumbnails”
- To add another PDF to the thumbnail list, click and drag.
- Click on the “File” icon.
- Now hit the “Export as PDF.”
- Write a name for the combined document.
- Press the “Save” button.
3. Using an online merge PDF tool
An online PDF combiner allows you to merge numerous PDF files into one in the simplest way. In this method, you do not need to download and install any specific software or application for the merging process.
There are several PDF joining tools available on the internet. Some are free PDF combiner tools, and some are paid ones. You can benefit from them to save your time. In order to merge PDFs using the tool, you have to open it and follow these steps:
- Click on the “Choose File” button and upload all PDFs you want to merge. Some tools also allow you to drag and drop your PDFs into the specified section.
- Now, you can arrange the uploaded documents in your desired format. A reliable PDF file combiner allows you to rearrange the files in the order you want. So you need to pick the best PDF merging tool.
- Lastly, tap the “Merge PDF” button and wait for a few seconds. Your documents will be merged in the shortest possible time. Is it not simple?
Why using an online PDF merging tool is better than the other two methods?
If you are merging PDF files, you can now do it without having to use a Windows or Mac app. Online PDF merging tools have come a long way to make it easier and more convenient.
- First, you do not have to worry about compatibility – you can use any OS to use these tools. This means you can merge PDF files from anywhere, no matter what device you are using.
- Online tools usually offer more features and customization than native applications. Windows and Mac have basic PDF editing features, but online tools usually have more advanced features like changing the order of pages. All of these options let you customize your merged document to your exact needs.
- In addition to speed and efficiency, there are other benefits to using online PDF combiner free tools. For example, you can upload and merge PDF files online much faster than using in-built applications that may use up system resources during the merging process.
- Most online PDF merging tools perform the merging process in the cloud, so your device does not have to deal with resource-consuming tasks, and the experience is much smoother.
In today’s digital world, where document management is essential, it is easy to forget how valuable it is to be able to merge multiple PDFs into one cohesive document.
This guide covers almost everything you need to know about merging PDF files. We have explored three methods to combine PDFs into one comprehensive file.
Online merging tools, combined with native software’s powerful capabilities, have made it easier than ever to merge PDF files.
Whether you are a student writing research papers, professional filing reports, or just a personal organizer, a free PDF combiner tool offers a wide range of options to fit your specific needs.